Institute for Data Processing and Electronics (IPE)
Building 242 in 1961
vvv
Institute for Data Processing and Electronics (IPE) - Building 242 in 2013
Centre for Electronic Packaging and Interconnects (AVT) - Building 230 in 2013
In 2014 the IPE buildings were extended by a container complex

1959

The roots of today's IPE lie in computer science and the former Institute for Neutron Physics and Reactor Technology (INR).

1959-1966

The Laboratory for Electronics LE (founded in 1959) and the Measurement and Control Technology Department (1960) were merged in 1966 to form the Laboratory for Electronics and Measurement Technology (LEM).

Laboratory for Electronics and Measurement Technology (LEM) 1966

1961

Construction of building 242, still used by the institute IPE today.

1967-1971

The data processing developed from the data processing center department Laboratory Automation (1967).

Data processing centre 1967

1973

Foundation of the (main) department for data processing and instrumentation (H)ADI (later HDI) from the "Computer center data processing" and the laboratory for electronics and measurement technology.

KARMEN-detector 1990

1991

The (main) department for data processing and instrumentation HDI was split into the Information and Communication Technology HIK department and the Data Processing and Electronics HPE department. HDI continued to exist for several years until it was renamed HIK.

2001 - today

The main department Data Processing and Electronics HPE evolved into the present Institute for Data Processing and Electronics IPE.