I do research on parallel hardware architectures, high performance computing, and development of effective algorithms. My current activities include high-speed data acquisition and control, management of large data, and optimization of the image processing software for parallel computing architectures.
- “Ultrafast X-Ray imaging of scientific processes with online assessment and data-driven process control” (UFO) aims to enable new types of smart experiment using the vast computational power of massively parallel computation units like GPUs.
- “Advanced Data Extraction Infrastructure” ADEI is a data management solution for large archives of time-series data. It abstracts the details of underlying storage engines and enables client application to access all experiment data uniformly. For interactive data browsing a dynamic web interface is provided. ADEI currently realizes the data management at KATRIN, KITcube, TOSKA, ASEC, and Stationary storage systems.
- High-throughput DAQ Platform is an IPE effort to provide a customizable FPGA-based electronics and Linux software for broad range of scientific experiments with high data bandwidth.
- ASEC “Aragats Space Environmental Center” includes several types of particle detectors operating at two high-altitude stations in Armenia. The experiment is monitoring changes in fluxes of high-energy cosmic rays and aims to resolve origin and acceleration mechanisms of galactic cosmic rays, space weather, and high-energy phenomena in thunderstorm clouds.
- Since 2007, I'm data processing expert at IPE and take care for various technologies used to bring data from detectors to scientists and aim to make their data analysis software run faster.
- In 2006 I got a PhD degree in Computer Science from the Institute for Informatics and Automation Problems of National Academy of Science of the Republic of Armenia. I have designed and implemented an autonomous data acquisition system for the distributed network of particle detectors operated by Yerevan Physics Institute
- In 2001 I have graduated from faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics at Moscow State University with a diploma thesis on neural networks.
|Reviewing GPU architectures to build efficient back projection for parallel geometries Journal of Real-Time Image Processing||
S. Chilingaryan, E. Ametova, A. Kopmann, A. Mirone
|1-43 doi 10.1007/s11554-019-00883-w|
|Advanced data extraction infrastructure: Web based system for management of time series data||
Chilingaryan, S., Beglarian A, Kopmann A, Vöcking S.
|J Physics: Conf. Series. 219, 4. IOP Publishing, 2010; DOI:10.1088/1742-6596/219/4/042034|
|The XMLBench Project: Comparison of Fast, Multi-platform XML libraries||S. Chilingaryan||Springer Berlin / Heidelberg: Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 5667, pp. 21-34, 2009|
|Advanced data acquisition system for SEVAN||S. Chilingaryan, A. Chilingaryan, V. Danielyan, W. Eppler||Advances in Space Research, Volume 43, Issue 4, pp. 717-720, Feb. 2009|